Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: three
Accepted Solution

internet browser not working and apps

Hi I have the internet bundle on my phone the bbm is working and internet is but only if i use wi-fi I've been on the phone to my network carrier network three and they have tried everything and cannot solve the problem I cannot access the internet and I cannot access any apps on my phone like app world or facebook because of the IT policy it won't let me download anything on the internet
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: internet browser not working and apps

paisleylouise wrote:
Hi I have the internet bundle on my phone the bbm is working and internet is but only if i use wi-fi I've been on the phone to my network carrier network three and they have tried everything and cannot solve the problem I cannot access the internet and I cannot access any apps on my phone like app world or facebook because of the IT policy it won't let me download anything on the internet

Hello paisleylouise

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you a BIS user or you are connected to a corporate enterprise BES account !

Or is it a purely personal phone or a company phone ? 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what that is
New Contributor

How do I see that or change it and what do I do?
Elite II

Hi there,

In simple terms , Is the  BlackBerry that you bought from your Carrier Three or any online vendor  for personal use ?

Or it is a BlackBerry that has been  given by your Company where you work !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I actually brought this blackberry off someone from the gumtree website?
Elite II

paisleylouise wrote:
I actually brought this blackberry off someone from the gumtree website?

Ok .. I got it , so you bought it from an online vendor for personal use , Right ?

If so then may be the device you bought has already some IT policies enabled which is preventing those application or features . To remove any IT policies from that device first do a backup of your Contacts etc using BlackBerry Desktop Software .

Once you have your backup refer to this Knowledge Base and reset your device to factory setting :

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Reseting your device in this way will remove such IT policies , But most important after a reset while restoring your backup don't restore everything , perform a selective restore which may include your Contacts , memos , calander entries etc. If you perform  a full restore then those IT policies may return and you have to repeat the whole process again . 

Try it and let us know of your progress.

New Contributor

I do not know how to do it and I don't have a computer or laptop or blackberry disc
Elite II

Hi there,

Just follow the Knowledge Base article that I provided . However .. you must have a PC to perform those steps . You don't need any BlackBerry CD , download the most recent version of Desktop Software from  BlackBerry desktop software  which is required to perform those action .

To backup your data using Desktop Software this KB Article will help :

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

Good luck.