Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: ______ is not available for download from app world ????

AppWorld is a quite young store, it is not perfect but gets better every semester.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Visitor
My Device: BB Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

After Reading a lot of posts and getting frustrated, i was about to delete the app and go through all that cleanup process.

Luckily i tried logging in again in to appworld. Once i idid that all my apps that previously gave message "**** is not available for downoad from app world" , successfully downloaded !!!

Just login to app world again to resolve this issue. Hope this HELPS.

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

What if it is blackberry app world itself that can't be updated.  When I log in, it says there is an update available.  I choose to get the update, then get the message "Blackberry app world is not available for download from app world".  

Guru I

smelehy wrote:

What if it is blackberry app world itself that can't be updated.  When I log in, it says there is an update available.  I choose to get the update, then get the message "Blackberry app world is not available for download from app world".  

hello smelehy,

if I were you, I would :

1. do a backup
  2. uninstall AppWorld
  3. re-install AppWorld
  4. if step 3. fails, then restore the backup.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have tried all of this. Nothing is working for me. I continually get "XXXX is not available for download from BlackBerry App World."

I have worked in Tech Support for Verizon for 3.5 years and in Data Tech Support for 2 years. I am definitely not an **bleep** when it comes to BlackBerry, but I cannot figure this out to save my life.

Someone, please help!

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800

I would have thought with the new update 2.1.0.39 for app world this problem would have been solved. I have heard that it could be an OS to program issue, that appworld  hasn't caught up to the new OS changes. I hope a solution rises soon. I have done it all and am good with computers, but still haven't cracked this one since 2.0 came out and I had a bold 9000

Only Fear God, No Others
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm2 9550 / Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless / AT&T

[ Edited ]

I was getting the same message when I tried to download apps from Blackberry App World and I was able to resolve it by completing the setup of my Blackberry ID and attaching my PayPal account to my Blackberry ID.  Here's what I think caused the problem.  When I originally setup my Blackberry ID, I got to the payment method screen and I didn't complete it because I didn't want to attach my PayPal account to my Blackberry ID.  After searching this forum, I figured out that the reason I was getting the message "_____ is not available for download from app world" was because there was a problem with my Blackberry ID.

Here's how I was able to solve the problem.  I couldn't add a payment method to my Blackberry ID from the Blackberry App World app on my Blackberry.  In order to do it I had to login to my Blackberry App World account on the web page https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/.  After logging in, the page prompted me to attach my Blackberry so that it could verify that I was running the latest version of the Blackberry App World app on my Blackberry.  After it verified that I was running the latest version, it took me the payment method page where I was able to connect my PayPal account to my Blackberry ID.  After that I was able to successfully download apps without getting the message "_____ is not available for download from app world".

Sam K
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800

I was able to get a fix for this issue after conecting my BB to my computer via USB/Desktop Mgr. I then went to the AppWorld website and was able to update my apps, after adding paypal to my BB. I believe this may be a big part of the issue as MyWorld on the BB doesn't alow you to add this info. So far it works, still unknown if i'll be able to update apps in the future on my BB. But i think it'll work from now on.

Only Fear God, No Others
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: ** Indonesia

[ Edited ]

I don't normally post to forums, but this is ridiculous.

So BB wants us to tie our paypal account to our BB ID before we can download/upgrade new apps?

Well what if I don't have a paypal account and I want to download free apps?

Or as in my case, what if I bought some apps with Paypal but I no longer have my paypal account, and now I can't get upgrades for the apps I already bought?

This is 2011, and you're one of the biggest players in mobile phones. You can do better than this.

Guru I

bluefin wrote:

So BB wants us to tie our paypal account to our BB ID before we can download/upgrade new apps?

This is not mandatory. If you have an issue, you can reproduce the steps indicated in message 17 of this discussion, but skip the PayPal part. It should work provided you use the latest AppWorld version.