Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Optus

is there a USB Debugging setting on Blackberrry Torch 9860?

Hi. i am trying to recover some deleted files on my blackberry. i've downloaded this software on my computer and connected my phone via usb cable. My computer reads the phone connection but this software does not!

i've done the same with my Samsung phone and it works. But i think this is because i followed the instructions from the software (see below) and did USB debugging on the samsung.

Enable USB debugging (Optional)

1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging"

2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"

3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging'

I think i have to do the same with the Blackberry but I can't find where I can do this? Is there a setting for USB Debugging on the Blackberry??

Can someone help me?

Thank you.