Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

is this a blackberry fault or just a 1 off with my phone ?

I have had my curve 8900 for just over 6 months. The last 3 weeks i have been having problems with the battery life, i know blackberrys don't have the best battery life anyway but my battery has been lasting maybe just over 4 hours these last few weeks. (not playing music, and just having it in my pocket in the holster, maybe reading a few texts in that time) I ordered a new battery off the internet and it still seems to be lasting maybe just over 6 hours with the new battery.

Also, when i am replying to texts, bbm's etc. my phone decides to crash and either go to a white screen with a timer in the middle, or just switches itself off. When i try and switch it back on a red light appears, a white screen comes on and it starts to load up again and as soon as the phone turns on it turns itself off again, this must happen at least 25 + times in a day. I would put it in my pocket turned on then take it out and it has switched itself off again.

Is this a fault with just my phone or a known blackberry fault ?  

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve these problems?

Thanks for any help in advance Smiley Happy