Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

is this a blackberry fault or just a 1 off with my phone ?

I have had my curve 8900 for just over 6 months. The last 3 weeks i have been having problems with the battery life, i know blackberrys don't have the best battery life anyway but my battery has been lasting maybe just over 4 hours these last few weeks. (not playing music, and just having it in my pocket in the holster, maybe reading a few texts in that time) I ordered a new battery off the internet and it still seems to be lasting maybe just over 6 hours with the new battery.

Also, when i am replying to texts, bbm's etc. my phone decides to crash and either go to a white screen with a timer in the middle, or just switches itself off. When i try and switch it back on a red light appears, a white screen comes on and it starts to load up again and as soon as the phone turns on it turns itself off again, this must happen at least 25 + times in a day. I would put it in my pocket turned on then take it out and it has switched itself off again.

Is this a fault with just my phone or a known blackberry fault ?  

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve these problems?

Thanks for any help in advance Smiley Happy