Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: M1

Re: issue with BB app world, bb app world must now close

why do you need to use wifi to connect to app world? your BIS will auto connect you

New Contributor
My Carrier: M1

ii dont think there is anything wrong with the app itself but i strongly suspect its the app world server problem. just like itune, sometimes it will just fail to load or connect.

sometimes when the server is stable, app world works perfectly fine.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Singtel

I'm having the same problem with my BB Curve 3G 9300 (by Singtel). Have been removing the App World & rebooting & downloading & installing it probably >10 times but nothing seem to work with BB. Seem like I made the wrong decision to buy Blackberry when practically everyone around me is using iPhone.

Can any kind soul give me a workable solution to this problem?

Can be quite frustrating when BB dont even have a Customer Care Center in Singapore to help us with such technical issues

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: singtel

hi there, what i did was to re flash the firmware using the desktop manager. and after which, it worked!

hope you have the same luck as i had!Smiley Happy

nikrome_wire wrote:

hi there, what i did was to re flash the firmware using the desktop manager. and after which, it worked!

hope you have the same luck as i had!Smiley Happy

What do you mean by re-flash? Is it the same as re-installing?

I am currently using BBTorch 9800 on the M1 line with BBPlus 1GB plan. Obviously everything else like Facebook and BBM works fine. My bb app world version: 2.0.0.36. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall through the desktop manager software but to no avail. This message keeps coming out:

"There is an issue with BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close."

I have already connected my bb to a home WiFi as well (so it's now on 3G and Wifi), but still it doesn't work. It is really getting quite frustrating. Is there a BB expert/technician here that can solve this problem or answer our queries?

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: StarHub

i had the same problem after being able to access the apps once in the last 3days of owning my new bb. i don't think i found an answer online anywhere else too.

out of desperation, i tried turning WiFi OFF and it WORKED!

so yes, strangely enough.. WiFi gives BB App World problems and the BIS doesn't.

try it and see if it helps. i have no idea why -- not that it matters since problem's solved. hehe.

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: SingTel

Hi Ric,

No need to go through the hassle...

Follow this since you're using torch which runs on bb v6:

1. From the smartphone, go into Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP

2. Clear the APN Settings Enabled check box

3. Pray it works

4. don't forget to share with us here..

Contributor

Re: issue with BB app world, bb app world must now close (SOLVED)

Guys guys guys guys.. .

I read this post and still after many Months, there is no solution to this.

Alright, here's the solution:

FIRST CONNECT YOUR BLACKBERRY TO THE CARRIER INTERNET (GPRS, 3G) AND NOT WIFI..

1. Go to MENU, then click options.  

2. Click DEVICE

3. Click ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS

4. Click HOST ROUTING TABLE, and u will see a list of settings (e.g. GPRS SG(525)[52500130], Wi-Fi [60]) , Click the first option starting with GPRS.

5. write down the APN given there. (For singtel its blackberry.net)

6. Go Back and click TCP IP,  in the APN type the APN that you just copied from host routing table. 

7. Enter other details like username, password, click yes for authentication, and also check APN settings enabled.

8.. VOILA.. No more app world must close now.. Smiley Happy

The problem was not with app world, or your blackberry. What was happening was, that your host routing APN and your MANUAL APN in TCP IP was conflicting. 

If you have more qn, or still facing problems. REPLY here.

If you like my posts, Press LIKE, so that i can feel your appreciations. Smiley Happy
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: issue with BB app world, bb app world must now close (SOLVED)

Hi help me pls! 

I've done all that you said.. i still can't get it!

I tried to re-download my app world but they said that my BB software isn't compatible when my software is already the latest 6.0..

I'm at lost here.. i managed to download FB using the older version but after i updated it.. Things got worst!! 

HELP ASAP PLS!! Smiley Sad

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: SingTel

I have read that this is due to WiFi setting conflict so what I  did was to uncheck the Wifi Setting , from Manage Connections --> Uncheck Wi-Fi. Fixed !