Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8220
My Carrier: Movistar
Accepted Solution

just downloaded MSN Live messenger but I can't find it

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8220. It's brand new, I got it yesterday.

I've tried downloading applications for it, and the first one I tried was MSN Live Messenger.It seemed to download fine, but right after it finished I got taken to the download page again. I cancelled it, and when I tried to find MSN Live on the downloads folder, it wasn't there. It's not on the applications folder either. So I tried downloading another app to see what happened. I tried facebook this time, and it works perfectly. So I went and downloaded MSN again, and nothing. I tried downloading it once more but with a different language, and it asked me to restart my phone. I thought it was going to work because it hadn't done that the previous two times. But still, I can't see it anywhere.

What can I do about it?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: just downloaded MSN Live messenger but I can't find it

hello,

first thing is make sure that the application is not already installed on your device.

home screen >> options >> advanced >> applications

then scroll and see of you see Windows Live Messenger. If you do, it means that the application is installed. You just have to find the shortcut : go to the homescreen and open all folders one after the other. Most propable folders are "Downloads" and "Instant Messengers".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8220
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: just downloaded MSN Live messenger but I can't find it

Thanks so much! It was under "instant messaging" indeed. I guess I hadn't checked everywhere Smiley Tongue