Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

jvm error 545

recently bought the bold 9900, its been fine for one day and suddenly it came up with 'JMV error 545'.

can anyone help me fix this please?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: jvm error 545

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Perform a hard reset by removing the battery from the smartphone and reinserting it. For more information on this procedure, see KB02141.

If the error message persists, perform a reload or upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software. For more information on this procedure, see KB10144.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB12077 "JVM error 545" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Optus

I have the same issue

Problem is that you can't connect to the Desktop software as the device won't reboot, even under a hard reset. Every time it reboots, it re0issues the 545 error

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Try using the force detect procedure described in the attached link.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Optus

Hi

can't use the application loader as the dektop software can't communicate with the phone. Need to reboot the phone or insert the battery (I presume to try a hard reset, either way I can't boot the phone to uninstall)

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi... I have also bought a bold 9900 recently, it's the 3rd day..and it froze and gave me error 545...it is very stupid.. However when I connected it to pc and the bb software ..I updated it and apparently it's working now...I'm not sure it will keep working, but it's good for now..
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Starhub

What if there are no updates? do i keep waiting until the next update becomes available until the i get my phone working again?

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

download JL_Cmder to remove the software.  This will wipe your phone of all software.  then connect it to desktop manager to re-download the software.  problem is everything will be lost....all information.

Your other option is to return to your service provider and send it out for repair and have bb fix it.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Got a blackberry 9800, had the same problem, to fix it. Take the battery out, connect to the Desktop Manager and a pop up says it can't connect to device, then it gives you 3 options. Retry/Update/Cancel. Choose to update, it will connect to the device, during that process re-insert the battery otherwise software update will fail. However this fix is not a permanent fix, as the nature of the JVM error is hardware related and not software so the error will recur! Best solution : return to service provider and send it out for repair and have bb fix it.
Highlighted
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Actually the JVM 545 error  IS a software issue.