Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: ee

jvm error 545

i currently have this msg on my fone, i am trying 2 back up the device but now it is asking for a password, i havent got a clue what the password is an there is nothing in any of the manuals, can anyone help plz?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: jvm error 545

Hi johnstownbird

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

It is asking for the Device password , enter the same password that you have set on that device. Regarding the error you receiving please refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB12077 : JVM error 545" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: ee

i have entered th device password an its not accepting it, i am currently on attempt 6 out of 10 Smiley Sad x

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi johnstownbird

If it is asking for the device password then you have to enter the same that you have set on your device using BlackBerry Keyboard , you  might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

• john123
  • And you enter j > o >h > n > alt > 1>2>3

the actual result will be

• john1er
  • You must enter
  • j > o > h > n > alt > 1 > alt > 2 > alt > 3
  •  to get john123 on your device.

So, while on the BlackBerry keyboard you think you are typing  john123, you are actually typing john1er. Please think carefully and retype in correct manner ,Or else your device will wipe itself after 10 ( By default ) INCorrect Password. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.