Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

keep getting "expired certificate" notification

for the past couple days i keep getting a notification that says "you are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate has expired"...this notification comes up about 30 times a day and no matter what i click when it comes up (continue, close connection, or view certificate) it keeps happening. 

i already have the latest OS for my device, the date/time is correct and ive tried it with both network time and blackberry time (i was told that sometimes having it on blackberry time causes that problem) and nothing works.

the phone works fine, its just that the notifications are getting really annoying. what do i do? 

Re: keep getting "expired certificate" notification

I have had the same problem started friday for me ... I think I narrowed it down to the application "loopt"

running .282 on the bold and it just got to crazy when I was trying to do something, so I did a clean install and did 1 app at a time till I figured it out so far so good ... I liked loopt but its not worth the headache right now.

New Contributor

THANK YOU SO MUCH! that was the problem. i had loopt on my phone too so i went to options>advanced options>applications and deleted it. (for some reason it wouldnt let me delete loopt from the desktop manager). 

thanks 

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: three

your attempting to open a secure connection,but the servers certificate has expired <---- i have the same problem but it wont go away and i cant get nijn to my phone to do anything any idea's ??