Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: o2

keyboard malfunction and being ignored

ive had my blackbery 9300 curve just over a year and in that time i have had to get it replaced 5 times,which is just unexceptable.Recentley it has started playing up again by everytime i press the letter "n" and "m" and the space bar it types nmnmnn its really annoying. i dont have enough money to fix or pay off my contract so if you could help please answer as this is the only way to get an answer it seems as i have been ignored numerous amount of times before. 

thankyou 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: keyboard malfunction and being ignored

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry...you've been ignored? This is your first post here... Further, you had 5 replacements. I guess I can't figure out how you've been ignored...

In any event, I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Do keep in mind that if the problem is the physical hardware (e.g,. damage, defect, etc.), then no amount of internet-distance diagnostics nor OS/software level solutions will be of any use.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

i think you'll find i have been ignored not on here though but through twitter,emails,phone calls so ask before you assume but thankyou for the advice. Eventhough this advice might be helpful to some isnt their an easier way to fix it? and also why do my phone and all blackberrys freeze or is it just me?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

chloexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

i think you'll find i have been ignored not on here though but through twitter,emails,phone calls so ask before you assume

I have only what you post here, in this volunteer-contributed user-to-user community. I have no access to any other channels you may have attempted, especially since I'm not a BlackBerry employee...just one of those volunteers here.

Eventhough this advice might be helpful to some isnt their an easier way to fix it?

If I knew what was broken, maybe. But the above isn't intended to fix it anyway...rather, it's a diagnostic procedure for you to see if perhaps your 3rd party or add-on apps may be the cause -- Safe Mode prevents those from auto-launching, and thereby can rule in or out them as causal to your situation.

And, again...if it's hardware, then there is nothing that really can be done at an internet-distance. Only in-hand evaluation by a qualified BB hardware technician can give a proper evaluation and estimate.

and also why do my phone and all blackberrys freeze or is it just me?

New symptom...OK...well, Safe Mode would be the first diagnostic test to undertake for this as well as your other issue.

Good luck.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

ive done that though and my blackberry disables me from having any add on apps i just have what comes with the phone otherwise it cant handle it and freezes like crazy. basically my phone freezes,i cant have apps as its unworkable the scroller has broken and my keyboard,phones from the early 2000's seem to have edge at the moment? im not trying to moan at you personally but can you just say blackberrys are awful and admit defeat?

Hall of Famer III

So, you have or have not booted into Safe Mode? From your words there, I cannot tell. And, if you have, and the behavior continued, did you do any OS reloads? Did you try the "bare bones" OS reload process? Anything else? There is a lot of information I can give you, but only if you are willing to accept it...

(And I choose to simply ignore your closing comment...I admit you have problems, but in no way does that mean 100% of BB users have the same. If you want to leave BB, then please do so, with the greatest speed you can manage.)

Contributor

yes i tried all you asked and i find it really frustrating,but all my friends seem to have the sames problems?and theres nowhere to get help from?do you have a blackberry?

Hall of Famer III

yes i tried all you asked and i find it really frustrating,

OK...but consider how frustrating it is for me. I really do want to help you, but without detailed feedback from you, that is really difficult to do.

,but all my friends seem to have the sames problems?

I can't speak to what is going on with them. It's only you that I'm concerned with right now.

and theres nowhere to get help from?

Well, there's here...

do you have a blackberry?

Yes, check my profile.

Contributor

okay well heres my "detailed" information- in the united kingdom,on o2,had my phone just over a year,5 replacements,curve 9300,extremly frustrated,keyboard types random letters,scroller dosent work,no added apps,freezes regulary gets that little clock if you no what i mean, and restarts it self 

Hall of Famer III

OK...well...what I meant was detailed feedback about the things I have already recommended that you try. What happened when you attempted Safe Mode? Did it successfully get into Safe Mode. Did the behavior cease or continue in Safe Mode? Did you try anything else? What happened with those attempts?

Details about all of that is what I need to know, if you want me to continue trying to help you.