Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: 02

keyboard problems on my curve, writing random letters

having massive problems with my phones keypad, pressing the button l puts jl on the screen, the letter o puts uo on the screen etc? also wont respond when the delete button is pressed?! can anyone help? really frustrating, thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: keyboard problems on my curve, writing random letters

Hello nikki,

You may want to reload your device software to determine whether or not the issue is hardware or software related.

You can do so using the following process:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03901

If this fails to resolve the issue, please contact your point of sale for options.

Thank you,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: giffgaff

Re: keyboard problems on my curve, writing random letters

Hello,

My Curve 8520 has been acting weird lately; it is fine for a few seconds after reboot, then can only use the other keysand trackpad click IF i hold the End Call key. Also, pressing the End Call key automatically types N.

I can scroll without holding the End Call key, but can only click/type when holding it down.

I have reloaded OS several times, with 4.6.1 and 5.0 (the oonly available ones).

I have put it in silicon and rice if it may be a moisture problems, but it remains.

Remember, it works normally within 5 seconds AFTER reboot, but after that it stops working/responding after holding down the End key.

Please reply soon, thanks. 

/Hammi