Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

keyboard

On my Bold, from time to time, the lower and upper keys: y,u,h,j,b,n does not function. pretty annoying when trying to type sms and e-mails. Any suggestions how to solve this problem. It is not a constant problem - only occurs from time to time.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: keyboard

What happens when you hit the keys? When the problem happens have you tried to reset the device by removing the battery for 30 seconds?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Those 6 keys are are permanently dead now. also after  having removed the battery.
Elite I

Can you take it back to your carrier to see if it can be replaced or if it's still under warranty?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

Ok, i ll try that - but at the moment the keys are alive. Also I do not know if the seller will give me a new one. I live in China and had to buy it from a private broker.
Highlighted
Elite I

Oh I had thought you brought it from your carrier. It may be worth a shot to take it onto one of your carrier's stores to see if it's something that can be fixed. Unfortunately with a hardware problem there's not a lot you can do. Good luck