Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: globe

keypad malfunction

my bb 9900 gt wet from the rain yesterday but not that wet. that's probably the cause why my keypad is mallfunctioning now. How will i repait it?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: keypad malfunction

Hello AraceeRA

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If our BlackBerry ever got wet then we should not try to Turn it ON to see if it works . Should immediately remove the Battery , also SIM and Media Card. We should place it in a bag of Uncooked rice which absorb the moisture.Should leave it for atleast 3 to 4 days unless we are sure that moisture has been completely absorbed . Then we should place our BlackBerry on any heat emitting surface like stabilizer , Or in the dashboard of a car on a sunny day. Before inserting the battery we should be sure that it is completely dry.

Have you done this after your device got wet ?

Still after following those steps it is not guarantied that our device will be trouble free and will perform as earlier , because when moisture or any liquid substance enter our BlackBerry it starts corrosion which leads to problem like quick battery drainage , problem in typing and many more .

In all condition we should try to avoid our BlackBerry from any moisture intrusion or any liquid , liquid or moisture is the worst enemy of our BlackBerry or any electronic devices.

Now you can visit any qualified repair shop and see what they can offer .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.