Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

landscape orientation view

[ Edited ]

My Blackberry 9800 Torch will no longer switch from portrait to landscape view in any application when I turn the unit on its side. It is stuck in portrait view. Very frustrating! This happened once before but corrected itself. Is there a setting that can changed? Can any one offer any suggestions as to why this is happening? My carrier, Bell Mobility, was of no assistance. Just told me to return the unit for repair which would take 6 - 8 weeks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: landscape orientation view

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache liek rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I have done this several times already without success.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

possible the switch that senses the open and close is not working, that would require warranty support.

Did you ever try sixtools? Possible it could be affecting it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Re. The switch: what opens and closes that the switch tracks? Are you referring to the slider? Re. Sixtools, what is this? I'm not aware of trying this. If it's a download I haven't downloaded it. Thx for the suggestions. Anything else you can think of?

Hey man. Just had that same problem with my torch. To fix it I slammed it close 2 or 3 times. Give that a shot
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: bell mobility

That worked for me also. I had to do it several times before it worked.

Thanks,

amruas

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Voddafone NL

Slamming the slider also fixed the same problem for me. Thanks!

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: T Mobile

I just had the same issue.  I pulled the battery, did the sliding thing, nothing worked.  Then I decided to holster BB, I placed it in the holster for about 10 seconds then removed it and landscape came back.  Strange.......

Blackberry Rules!!!!!!!!!!!