03-26-2013 02:25 AM
I want to upgrade my blackberry OS from 4.7. I want to know the latest OS available for my BB and the link yo download it.
When I am doing to do this through BLackberry desktop manager it is showng OS 4.7 Bundle, what type of OS is this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-26-2013 02:39 AM
03-26-2013 11:31 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
To add to the above, you may need to override the "automatic" methods that the above will utilize. Left alone, the "automatic" methods will only offer you OS packages sanctioned by the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured (by virtue of the on-device VendorID). But, you are not restricted to only those...the simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
Note that if you had to do any special "tricks" to originally get your BB to function on your carrier (e.g., your specific BB model is not natively supported by your carriers system), then this process will wipe those out, and you will have to do them again after this is complete. So before you begin, be 100% certain you know what those "tricks" were and are able to do them again.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!