01-17-2013 08:25 PM
01-17-2013 08:30 PM
04-17-2013 02:02 PM
What is the address to download the application for to upgrade from os 5 to os 6
All OS packages are obtained via the official download portal:
Since OS package release is controlled by the carriers, that portal is first sorted by carrier. Hence, if you want only to look for those OS packages your carrier supports, then your process is quick. But, if you wish to see what other carriers support for your device, then you have a much more laborious process to undertake.
and if application can be saved and transferred to laptop on later stage.
Please clarify...what, exactly, do you desire with this? What "application", exactly?
Thanks and let us know!
04-18-2013 09:33 AM
I am looking for the application web site to upgrade my blackberry 8520 curve.
Hmmm...I'm still not clear on exactly what you need and exactly what you are missing. So, instead, I'll just give you the full recommended process:
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!