Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: virgin media
Accepted Solution

length of voice notes, auto cut off at 90 seconds!

It was fine on my Curve, but now I have a Bold 9780 and voice notes cut off after 90 seconds, how do I record a longer voice note?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: length of voice notes, auto cut off at 90 seconds!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Refer:

• KB21337 Maximum recording length in the Voice Notes application

It depends on where you are saving the voice note to.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

sorry i am not tech savvy, how do I select where I save it to?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

It's probably a setting within the Voice Notes app itself...when you have that open, press the Logo_Blue.gif key and select Options, Settings, or whatever it might be. Within there should be a place to specify where to store recorded notes.

Sorry, but I don't have your exact model to try with...so you will need to dig a little to find it. If you provide your exact model number and OS level, I might have a simulator that I can run to see if I can replicate the steps...but, all you've said is "Bold 9780" up above, but no mention of your OS level:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you for your kind and patient reply, you did help me solve the problem, because I could not find this option, I checked the media card and it was not clicked into place, problem sorted, thank you, it is a great service that you are helping people out of the goodness of your heart.  have a great day!

Hall of Famer III

You are very welcome...I'm glad you got it sorted. Enjoy!