Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry 9360
My Carrier: student

license agreement keycode

please my BBM is asking for a license agreement keycode and I'm using blackberry 9360 how do I get on with it cause I can't use my BBM anymore
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: license agreement keycode

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

The only time an app will ask you for a keycode is if it's on beta (meaning it's not officially released yet).

Since your BBM asked you for it I assume that it's version 8.0 or higher.
To check it, go to options>device>application management>
Look for BlackBerry messenger and see the number listed beside it (that's the version).

Here's my suggestions:
If you're a BETA tester, go to the beta zone website and re-download the app, this will automatically generate a keycode that will be send to your BBID(email). When your prompted to replace existing bbm, press no. Copy the keycode that will be sent.

If you're not a beta test, just delete the BBM app , reset your phone and download it on appworld.

Good luck!