Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

lock and holster

does anyone know why if I lock the screen before putting it in the holster, when I take it out, it's unlocked, and if I receive an email, and I pull it out of the holster, it automatically goes to that email...it never used to do that, only difference is I installed a theme, but have since gone back to the original them I had autolock upon insertion to holster, but have since turned that off. and no difference.

BB 9530 v4.7.0.148

theme, OEM precision zen.

thanks for your help.

cheers

Phil.

Cheers,
Phil.

BB 9530
Bell Mobility
OS V 4.0.148
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: lock and holster

Hi gadgetman,

This is an general/default behavior of BlackBerry device in Holster. The device is lock itself automatically as soon as it enters to the holster. Same way it unlocks itself too. If you do not remove your device from the holster as soon as you receive Messages or SMS text then those applications will not be open by itself. There is no relation with installation/un-installation of themes.   

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I have the same problem and it's annoying as all get-out.  Is there a fix to this?  Mine has the same info as the previous poster.  Thanks.
Contributor

Tanzim, thank you for your reply, however I beg to differ, it always used to stay locked coming out of the holster, even when I had the "lock device when in holster" setting turned on...so I am not sure why its doing that. I followed your advice and waited for a while after receiving an email before unholstering it, still opened the messaging app, not the individual email app.. Cheers Phil
Cheers,
Phil.

BB 9530
Bell Mobility
OS V 4.0.148
Contributor

ok, well I think tanzim, we are both right, It looks like since the upgrade to .148  it unlocks coming out of the holster, and there is no way to change it, .141 which I had before would keep it locked until I pressed the button, I hope though that leaving it in the holster for a while after a message arrives will keep it from opening the message folder, I have seperate icons for my personal/work emails, and depending on where the email comes to, I would like to keep the choice whether to open it or not, since I don't usually read my personal emails at work...

cheers...

Oh, another question, on bell, using the OEM theme, it's supposed to have a lightning bolt on the home screen, it's not in the files of availavble home screen pictures, however every now and then when I push a button I "see" a brief (pardon the pun) flash of said lightning bolt, but I just can't seem to get it? anyone have ideas? I did the mistake of "resetting the theme" which not only gave me that ugly bell grey screen I had to re-organize my buttons on the home screen...

cheers

Phil

Cheers,
Phil.

BB 9530
Bell Mobility
OS V 4.0.148
New Contributor

Hey GadgetMan, I'm the guy with the same issue as you.  My emails ALL open up no matter how long it's been since the message arrived.  I had one arrive this morning 15 minutes before I took my Storm out of the holster, and it still opened up automatically.

Hey BlackBerry, not everyone wants this feature.  My job gets a lot of highly sensitive email that comes to my Storm, and I can't risk them just opening up on a whim.  Besides, who says that I'm checking email when I take my Storm out of the holster.  Give us some control here!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-4, PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Yeah, it's kind of a pain having it unlock as you take it from the holster. I was told that they did this because if you are taking it out of the holster you are going to use it, this removes a step. Whatever, I still prefer it the old way.

As for the lightening bolt. This is the default wallpaper from BB. Most carriers hide it, Verizon gives us a big red V. It was one of the first things I changed.

Get it here: Default Lightning

Download to memory, pull it up in the picture file then use the BB button, you should see an option to "set as homescreen image."

JPD217 

Message Edited by JPD217 on 08-07-2009 03:43 PM
Message Edited by JPD217 on 08-07-2009 03:44 PM