Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: TIM
Accepted Solution

locked blackberry doesn't recognize the password

Hi, i set a password to unlock my bb device. Three days ago a friend took the bb and tried to discover the password, he tried 8 times. After i tried to unlock the device inserting the right password but it dosen't recognize it. Now i'm so worried about lost all my data, casue i haven't done recently a backup. I hope someone would help me cause i have a lot of data in it and i cannot loose them. The one who tried to unlock the device said that after the 5th attempt he was asked to write blackberry, and now in place of asteriks there appears like normal characters.
P.s. Sorry for the bad english, i'm italian.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: locked blackberry doesn't recognize the password

That right.  You have to use the word blackberry to continue.  When you put in the password again, it will show up as regular letters to prevent any typos, etc.  You oonly get 10 chances and the password is case sensitive.  If the password has a number, don't forget to use the alt key first.  I don't know if the number of password attempts reset back to 10 if you do a battery pull, but you can try that.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you!
If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!
Every BlackBerry should have BlackBerry Protect, get it now! | Follow me on Twitter | Bring Back BBM Music!