Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: t mobile

locked out of my 9800

can anyone help, ive put a key pad lock on my blackberry torch 9800 and must have typed the numbers in wrong ? im now on my 9th attempt out of 10 to type in the code in to unlock the hand set to use it. ive been in touch with my provider t mobile and they were useless. just to be clear its not sim locked its just the hand set lock. The phone is not backed up in any way and ive been told that once I go past 10 attempts to unlock it all the phone memory will fry and ill loose it.   Any ideas ???????????

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: locked out of my 9800

Take a deep breath, enter any old password combo, lose your data, install BlackBerry Protect once your phone reboots completely wiped (Protect will back up some of your data for when this happens again) then do regular data backups with BlackBerry Desktop Software.

It's not pretty news but it is what it is.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.