Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: utilitywarehouse

locked out of my phone

please help after removing my sim to clean it he accidently put it back wrong, after putting it back correctly the phone thinks it has a new sim in it and is asking for ID username and user password. i know the user ID is correct as it fill it in its self tme password i believe is correct yet it will not accept it, can i reset passord with out wipeing phone , i have one attempt left.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: locked out of my phone

One attempt! Oh dear, it's a pity you didn't come and ask sooner, for now you have no way to really figure it out and simply must be lucky. But...

There is no id/password credential of which I am aware that would result in a device WIPE...some would lock a BB ID account, but not wipe the device.

So, please clarify exactly what credentials are being requested...for, from your post, I simply cannot tell...and therefore have no way to provide any useful guidance...

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................