Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

losing appts to/from Curve 8330 when syncing Outlook Calendar via Desktop Manager 4.5

Whenever I sync my calendar there are some appointments (and/or appt changes) on my BB that don't move to Outlook and some from Outlook that don't move to my BB calendar.  There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the ones that don't sync.

I'm using:

Outlook 2002 SP3

Desktop Manager 4.5

BB Curve 8330

MS Windows SP Prof 5.1

I've tried:

- turning filters off

- Turning filters on (to limit the # of items that come over)

- Closing down on the timeframe (to eliminate items older than 30 days)

- re-sync-ing

- re-installing Desktop Manager

All the other synchronizations (tasks, notes, address book) seem to work fine.

Any ideas??

New Contributor

Re: losing appts to/from Curve 8330 when syncing Outlook Calendar via Desktop Manager 4.5

Check out the thread titled "Sync with Outlook deletes old calendar entries".  Good information in there (2nd page) on how to clear out the calendar on the device.  Seemed to work for them....

New Contributor

Re: losing appts to/from Curve 8330 when syncing Outlook Calendar via Desktop Manager 4.5

I tried clearing the calendar on the bb and then doing a one way sync.

it brought over more appointments, but I was missing a few of them.  They all seemed to be recurring appts with the series starting on a date prior to the synchronization window.  I re-did the series with a start date inside the window and everything is coming over now.  I'll keep an eye on it to make sure that it holds it's sync once I switch back to a 2-way sync.

thanks!Smiley Happy