Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve9300
My Carrier: telkomsel
Accepted Solution

lost bb

hi

can i ask, how do i find my lost bb without blackberry protect /

thanks

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: lost bb

Hi mollyarsyad

Welcome to the Community

It depends if you had already Installed any tracking application on your device but it also depends on certain factors like the Device should be powered on ,the sim card should be there and not removed ,SIM card has not been blocked by wireless provider. But if a thief is clever is clever enough and remove your SIM card or switch off your device then it cannot be located.

I Think BlackBerry protect is more for Remote backup of your datas then for tracking.it gives a chance to restore our backup remotely.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

My BlackBerry Curve 9380 is stolen

Maybe the device is back on but the thief for sure through away the SIM card

so in this situation what can I do to locate it without the protect app?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: My BlackBerry Curve 9380 is stolen

dondon_83 wrote :

Maybe the device is back on but the thief for sure through away the SIM card

so in this situation what can I do to locate it without the protect app?

Hi dondon_83

If that's the situation then only way is to contact your Carrier with all relevent document you have and try to Block or Blacklist that Device so that it can't be used on any network. But please all Carrier are not able to Block or Blacklist the device PIN and in that situation you have no chance.So the last Option is to Contact your Carrier or Service Provider.

Prince

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hi I have lost my BB handset please help me inb retreiving it. It was a new handset and did not install the Blackberry Protect yet.

Please help asap.

Edit: At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

joshua_gaye wrote:

Hi I have lost my BB handset please help me inb retreiving it. It was a new handset and did not install the Blackberry Protect yet.

Please help asap.

My alternate BB Pin is <personal information redacted> or email me at <personal information redacted>

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The above information already in this thread is applicable to your situation, as is this useful post/thread:

Lacking something you did BEFORE this happened (e.g., installed Protect), you are at the mercy of whatever your carrier and/or police authorities are willing to do for you. There is nothing you can do AFTER this happens...like insurance, preparing for this situation is not a reactive thing to be done...it must be BEFORE.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................