Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

lost contacts when syncing blackberry to mac

How do I retrieve lost contacts?

I attempted to sync my contacts from my blackberry to my mac. I seem to have had my old address book from my mac which has been synced on to my blackberry meaning I have lost all of my most recent contacts on the phone.

I was informed that the syncing process was two-way, so presumably all of my phone's contacts are on my mac. They are not in my address book, so where are they?

Can I restore them in any way to my blackberry?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Re: lost contacts when syncing blackberry to mac

If you have done a backup of your BB phone through the Desktop Manager software before the sync, you can restore your phone and its original contacts.

Otherwise, I'm afraid that your Mac address book did replace the exisiting ones on your BB ... according to what you describe. Was the sync really tuned to "Bi-directional" when you connected your phone to the Mac?

If positive, then they should be present on both devices.

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: MTN

Same issue. Attempted to sync between contacts and Mac Address book. Bi-directional sync. Contacts remained in Mac address book, but half of my contacts were removed from my BB 9700. 

Perusing other forums, it seems RIM and Apple are oil and water. It just isn't going to happen. Mac/Lion users should start shopping for an Apple handset. 

My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: 02

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Did you ever manage to resolve your sync problem? I am experiencing the same despite the two way sinc

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

why would the contacts be lost if the sync was turned on ''two way"???

this problem was highlighted in 2011. i had the same issue last friday when i tried to sync my contacts. i had downloaded Blackberry software desktop the day before. i cannot believe that this problem was never fixed considering the implications this can have for users...