Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry cuerve
My Carrier: vodacom

lost massages but were not deleted

Hi

i think i have incidentally pressed the reconcile now option not knowing what it does and now i have lost most of my massages which i desparately need for court case...

please help as to retrieve those massages

kind regards

Kagiso

082 465 04 59

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: lost massages but were not deleted

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

For BIS-level email, Reconcile Now is not supposed to do anything at all. It is supposed to be a BES only action, intended to force the reconciliation of the mailbox between the device and the email server. Hence, you should talk to your BES and email admins to find out if perhaps they have backups of what was removed from your device.

Also, if you happened to have conducted a backup of your device recently via the Desktop Software, then that backup file might contain what you need.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

what is BES... how can i get to know my BES and what is thier contact???

New Contributor

please send me contacts for BES South Africa...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

There is no such thing to give you. BES is corporate-level service, provided by your work. Or there are a few individual BES-level email providers out there. But, in any case, there is no BES contact to give you...only you can know who your BES email provider is, assuming you have one at all.

You may or may not even be on BES...I have no way to know...only you can know. Hence the reason I gave you information for both BES and BIS...not knowing which you have, I had to give you both.

If you are not on BES, then you are on BIS, and the restore option is what would apply to you. You also could, I suppose, contact the email provider you subscribe to and see if perhaps they have some backup of your lost messages.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................