Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 2010
My Carrier: dealer

lost my contacts

Urgent help

I have lost all my contacts which are stored in phone memory.Actually I was using password lock option in my BB bold,but I dont know suddenly it stopped accepting my password,  result of which i guess all my data will be lost after my last attempt of password.I need my contact list from my phone thats it.It woul great if anyone can help.Im not using blackberry protect.

Please remember my phone is locked, I remember the password but it is not accepting the same and m on my last attempt of password after that all the data will be wiped out.Quick and urgent reply expected.

Regards

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: lost my contacts

Hello prernachaudhry14

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to hear that you're having problem with the password you have set on your device ! It is true if you enter too many wrong password then as for security purpose our BlackBerry will initiate a device wipe deleting all user data within that device .

So , you have to remember the password to avoid that , I think you might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

• prer14
  • And you enter p > r > e > r >  alt > 1 > 4
  •  the actual result will be  
  • prer1s
  • You must enter
  • p > r > e > r >  alt > 1 > alt > 4

to get prer14 on your BlackBerry. So, while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing prer14, you are actually typing prer1s.

Or you can connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software , it will also prompt you to enter the password , I hope you can enter the password correctly on a PC keyboard , if it works you can do a backup of your data .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Dear Team

The set password is all numeric and Ive entered the same as mentioned in ur revert by pressing Alt before every numeric key, but it is not accepting it.Incase if I connect  my BB to laptop it will prompt for my password but it'll not connect till the time phone is unlocked.What can be done in this case.As per my mail I have the only option left for unlocking the password, I just want to clarify that whether I can be able to get my contact list in case if everything wipes out while connecting it to laptop

Early revert is expected.

Elite II

prernachaudhry14 wrote:

Incase if I connect  my BB to laptop it will prompt for my password but it'll not connect till the time phone is unlocked.

When you connect your device and Run Desktop Software , In desktop Software when you Click on Application you are saying Desktop Software is not giving you the prompt to enter the device password ?

Have you rebooted your device by removing the battery while it is powered on , after reboot try it again .

prernachaudhry14 wrote:

As per my mail I have the only option left for unlocking the password, I just want to clarify that whether I can be able to get my contact list in case if everything wipes out while connecting it to laptop

Early revert is expected.

Unfortunately if you're unable to enter the correct device password then YES it will delete your Contact and everything that is stored in your device memory .

I know you never used BlackBerry Protect for backup But.. have you ever did a backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software ? Or have you sync your Contacts or address book with any email account ?

If you did it then you can restore from those backup or if you configure that email account again after a wipe then your address book may sync back .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Finally as expected I've lost all my contacts...One favor now I started reloading the software, now another problem arises the phone is showing RELOAD SOFTWARE 513. and I'm unable to remove that.I tried loading BB 9700 software but failed.Please let me know how to solve the issue or I need to move to BB servive center.

Please revert

New Contributor

Reaload software 513 bigg problem

I ve tried all the earlier posts about the same error but failed the system is saying cannot detect device, and tried updating the software for BB 9700.It is so complicated that for one simple thing such issues are being faced.

I guess there is no software now online for BB9700.

Can anyone solve the issue or else I have to drop the phone.

Elite II

Hello prerena

Sorry to hear you lost your Contacts ! 

Regarding this error , I hope you can do it yourself in much better way Smiley Happy

To resolve your issue follow those steps as suggested within this Knowledge Base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Additional Information can be found here :

KB13003 : "JVM 513" error appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Try it and let us know if you feel any problem.