Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

low ring volume

Have 8330 with volume on high and audio boost on but still can not hear phone ring, what can I do to get my blackberry to ring like my old cell phone? Mp3 is loud and other functions but not ringer.... Help!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: low ring volume

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If you have the settings as you listed,

you have done all you can.

Try pulling the battery for a minute while the phone is on,

Leave it out for a minute,

Replace, and give it 1-3 minutes to reboot.

See if the problem returns;

Does your music play at the correct volume?

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-16-2008 05:20 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: Re: low ring volume

Thanks I will try removing the battery and see if that helps.
New Contributor

Re: low ring volume

The posted solutions (discvussed in this and other threads, including a supposed "fix" to operating software) don't work and I understand that the low ring volume on Blackberry (mine is the World Edition using Verizon) is a known "anomaly" that has existed for some time but still - no results.  I find that maximum volume for playing music is also inadequate.  Now here is an odd phenomenon: earlier this week I was in the UK using World Edition global service.   An incoming call rang at something like 500% volume ... I had volume turned up to highest level as always because i have  missed so many calls because of the feeble ring volume.  So ... while using (as i understand it ) the SMS card to process calls in the UK, the ring volume miraculously increased by a factor of about 5.  Deafening!  What is going on here and why hasn't Blackberry fixed the problem with ring and music volume for "normal" use in the USA?  Who do we call about this?????  
Guru I

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I haven't seen an answer to this. I did however run across this article, I didn't have time to try it, but I am going to.

It makes sense.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/how-really-make-your-mp3-ringtones-loud-8830-a-9345/

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

I assume you are referring to the solution which suggests downloading Audacity and editing the ringtone file(s).  As a reasonably adept user i find this a highly complicated solution (if it works) to a problem which actually boils down to this: Blackberry / Verizon are providing inadequate, low level performance by selling phones with ring (and music) volume that is much too low for the average user, and they ought to fix it.   How can that be done???
Guru I

[ Edited ]

Rim this is their toll free #: 877-255-2377

Here is President & CEO of Verizon Wireless Dennis Strigl's email:

Dennis.Strigl@verizonwireless.com

Thanks,  Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-08-2008 05:54 PM

New Contributor

I will try your proposed solution, i.e. emailing the head of Verizon and contacting Rim.  We found out on Novenber 4 that Hope can be a positive emotion ... maybe this works ... I will let you know. 

I understand that even thouigh i do not yet have an actual  solution i.e. my ringer is still way too quiet, I must now consider this question "solved".  Thanks for your very prompt respnse and advice.