Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: Etasilat
Accepted Solution

<---- IF ---->

Staying ONLINE MSN or Google consume battery..? I prefer to stay logged 24x7 Let me know please..!!!Smiley Wink

MDawood
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: <---- IF ---->

If you are talking about being on the browser than yes, it will kill your battery big time.  However, your messenger doesn't really consume the battery.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

I believe no more that any application that would run continuously, certainly shouldn't drain all your power. You can stay on and still charge via USB and Power cord.

Thanks!

If this answers your question, please take a minute and resolve the thread using the options by the Kudo's star!

Thank you!!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-24-2008 01:41 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

If you are opening the browser and visiting a web site, when you are done if you just hut the red end key and not actually close out the browser it will continue to run in the background and will seriously drain the battery.  Try it.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

It all depends on how much/often the application communicates. If it constantly checks in then it will definatly cause you battery to drain faster. If the application was coded properly (ie. infrequent refresh) this shouldn't be an issue.