Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TIM Italy
Accepted Solution

mails from old to new BB

Hello, I just swapped my BB from 8520 to 9300 and, for a mistake during synchronization I miss now 2 months of mails in my new company BB connected to BES compare to my office Outlook and my old 8520. Is there any way to copy/synchronize the mails I'm missing from Outlook or my old BB to my new 9300? Thank you for helping.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: mails from old to new BB

Hello,

The only way to do what you desire is to wipe out the messages database on your current BB, replacing it with the messages that exist on your old BB. Merging the two is just not really possible.

Depending on how your BES admins have configured pre-population, you can get onto your BB some history. But, be aware -- in no situation, not even BES, are BB's designed to replicate the entire inbox. Rather, they are designed to begin to deliver new email from the moment of activation (supplemented, for BES, with pre-population).

In short, you need to work with your BES admins.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot for the answer. Do you mean that there is no way to copy/move the 2 months mails from my old BB or from Outlook to my new BB 9300? Thank you.
Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot for the answer. Do you mean that there is no way to copy/move the 2 months mails from my old BB or from Outlook to my new BB 9300?
How to wipe the messages database only without deleting calendar etc.
Morover; is there a way to delete part of the messages from a date? Thank you and forgive for too many questions.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

john1111 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the answer. Do you mean that there is no way to copy/move the 2 months mails from my old BB or from Outlook to my new BB 9300?

Not being your BES admin, I cannot possibly know for certain. But, typically, no.

john1111 wrote:

How to wipe the messages database only without deleting calendar etc.

KB10167 How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone

KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

john1111 wrote:

Morover; is there a way to delete part of the messages from a date? Thank you and forgive for too many questions.

KB00133 How to use the Delete Prior option

All in all, you really need to be working with your BES admins. They place an IT Policy onto your BB which controls many things. I can give you all the advice in the world, but it may well be moot if they have blocked what I advise you to do.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately the guy working in my company for. What is concerning the BB and Outlook mails is new and don't know much about these tips. If you could be sò kind in telling me how to do I would try to eventually transfer some instructions to him in order to solve this problem which involves another couple of my collegues. Sorry for bothering you some more. Thank you once more.
Hall of Famer III

john1111 wrote:
Unfortunately the guy working in my company for. What is concerning the BB and Outlook mails is new and don't know much about these tips. 

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what those 2 sentences are supposed to be communicating...perhaps your IT guy has little experience?

john1111 wrote:
If you could be sò kind in telling me how to do I would try to eventually transfer some instructions to him in order to solve this problem which involves another couple of my collegues. 

Sorry, but it would really be best if he inquired directly...there is an entire area of these forums dedicated to the BES admins:

He can find lots of help over there from other BES admins. Your company also should invest in some training for him...you will otherwise have nothing but challenges with this complicated environment.

Good luck!