Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: telus
Accepted Solution

make media card default location

hey,

i have a lot of photos on my torch, so i bought a micro SD card to store them. all of my old photos that were uploaded from a curve 8330 and my computer are on the media card, but it seems every time i make a new folder, the pictures save to the device rather than the SD card. is there some way to make the media card the default location when you're saving pictures?

thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: make media card default location

Open your camera application, then press the BB menu button and select Options.  Change the Store Pictures setting option to Media Card.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

thanks for the help! i think i figured out the main problem too. it seems that new photos were saving on my device, but you allowed me to check that the settings were right. i think i'd simply been going with the default location whenever i created a folder, since it gives you the options of /device/ and /media card/. i'm just going to have to slow down when i create folders from now on Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

No problem.  Glad you got it sorted out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."