Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Vodaphone

malfunctioning retailer and phone

Dear sirs, madams,

Let me introduce myself, then I will explain how and why I bought a Blackberry and then I will tell you about my problems.
My name is Kees van der Kolk and I live in The Netherlands. Last weeks my wife and I were visiting Florida and last Thursday we were visiting a shop on Lincoln Road 443 in Miami Beach. I wanted to orientate on the prices of some types of smart phones, a.o. Samsung, Nokia and Blackberry. Then he found out what I liked about smart phones and he came with a phone of a brand I never heard of, but which I liked. To make a long story short, he made the following offer which I accepted " You can buy this phone for $ 600, try it tonight and perhaps tomorrow, and when you do not like it you can bring it back and you get your money back". I tried the phone, and some of the functions were good, the phone did not accept my European sim-card. So I brought it back the next day. They accepted that I wanted to return the phone, but they did not want to give money back, they wanted me to buy another product for that price. And here comes the problem: The phones they offered me were not the newest types and they asked incredible prices. For instance, for a Samsung Ace they wanted me to pay $ 743 extra, so a total amount of $1.343. I found out that I had signed what they called the guarantee certificate where was printed that they did not give money back. So I had no chance. After more than an hour of trying, negotiating a decided to buy a Blackberry Torch for $ 267 extra, so a total amount of $ 856. But this was a phone I liked, it worked with a European sim-card and this was the only phone which did not increase my loss.  So now my problems.

1. I would like you to exclude that shop from your dealerlist. It was very clear that they did this intentionally, I am for sure not the only victim.
  2. When I connected the phone to my computer to update it I found out that your program recognizes it as a "Storm". And this is very strange, it does not have wifi and internet options. When I tried that in the shop it worked, I am sure. Perhaps they changed the phone. Is there any possibility that you can help me to make this phone function well.

Thanks in advance,