06-13-2013 05:01 AM
im using a blackberry curve 8520 and lately its giving me a number of errors 'uncaught exceptions'. Now my phone is as good as useless, it freezes most of the time, i cannot make calls or receive any, i cannont view my call log when i press the green button and i cannot cancel with the red button.
These are the errors that keep popping up;
1) uncaught exception: index 4>=4
2) uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.getOrWaitFor(0x7c802477365c985
3) uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.getOrWaitFor(0x7c802477365c985) timeout
4) uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app(661) is not responding; process terminated
06-13-2013 06:00 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
Most often those errors are are related to any application that you had Installed on your device, On your Homescreen if you hold alt key and type lglg it will show you those event log, you have to scroll down the list to see this error and with which application it is related ,Sometime deleting that application may fix this error.
KB29215 : How to view event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone
KB10040 :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone
If error persists even after deleting , then it may be possible that it has affected the OS itself and in that situation you should try any third party software like BBSAK to completely wipe your device then load a fresh OS pack .To do that follow those instructions :
1.Locate your Carrier or Download the OS you desire from here BlackBerry Software Download Site
2. Now Double Click on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC
3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software
4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders :
5. Use BBSAK from http://bbsak.org/ and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.
6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.
Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS perform a selective restore , restore only your Contacts , calenders, memo entries etc. You can install a fresh copy of any application from BlackBerry world if error cease.So try it and let us know of your progress.