Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

media and tasks icon has disappeared off my screen completely!

i have an 8130 pearl and one day it just disappeared! the icon that you click that says media that would take you to ringtones or music etc just disappeared! then i noticed the tasks icon is gone too! now my ringtones i had set up that i had made are still working so the music must still be on there but no way to get to it.

i have updated the software.. went to the add/delete apps area in the blackberry desktop and its not listed.. went to the application settings on phone its not listed.. pulled the battery out and nothing.. roxio will not connect to my phone via pc so i cant even get the music off it..

meanwhile i had downloaded an icon that takes me to a news website (i thought it was an app but seems to be a shortcut) that i cannot get rid of and doesnt show up as an app anywhere i have looked for my other problems..

this phone has been one nightmare after another! it still will flip out and not ring for phone calls or alarm and then freeze up for 15 minutes when you are getting a phone call to where its a paper weight.. reinstalling the software will help a little bit but never solves the problem..

how do i get my media and tasks icon back? and yes i did have everything on "show" (i am blonde so my hubby figured i was having a blonde moment lol)  if i can get those back i can live with being stuck with its episodes and that other icon!