Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

media card issue

I'm having problems with my 8100 recognizing my media card. I had it in my old 8100 with no problems. Then I had a new 8100 sent to me because my old one had camera issues. When I put it in the new 8100 it says Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted. I have things on there but I figure if I lose them oh well. So when I try formatting it I get a message that says media card format failed. I have no clue what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much!
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: media card issue

If there is important documents on the Media Card, I would advise you to remove it from the BB, and use a Card Reader to view it on your PC, copy off the files you want, then try formatting it first via the PC.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Re: Re: media card issue

The files aren't really important and don't mind if I lose them. Ok so I have to get a card reader for my pc to format it?
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Re: media card issue

First I would do this:

--Verify the Card is seated well and properly in the device.

--Verify again the Media Card options are on, Options > Media Card.

--Options > Media Card and enable Mass Storage on the card.

--Plug to your USB to the PC (use a rear PC USB port, not a USB hub or monitor port).

--See if the Media Card is viewable as a removable drive on the PC. View its contents there, and try formatting.

Do you have Desktop Manager loaded on your PC?

Download Desktop Manager from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Re: Re: Re: media card issue

Ok thank you. Yes mass storage is on and its seated right. It is recognizing the card. I do have desktop manager. I will try plugging into my pc when I get home from work. Hopefully that works. Thanks again!
Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: media card issue

Ok I went on to device manager and it does not come up as a drive at all. U don't know why the card won't work with this phone but it did in the other.