Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9700 bold 2

memory card not reading on my phone or pc.

please HELP! My memory card is not reading on my phone or pc, but when inserted on another device it does read and the mass storage is enabled but on my phone in the options memory menu, it displays "a memory card is NOT inserted."
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: memory card not reading on my phone or pc.

Hi dice,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums. As a new comer to the community you would be better of checking some quick answers to basic BlackBerry® questions. Like,

BlackBerry 101 will help you to get simple instructions for setting up your new device and learn specific features and functions about your BlackBerry smartphone.

Tips and Tricks will help you to get some shortcuts unique to your smartphone. Become a pro with your BlackBerry smartphone.

If you're looking for a specific query please use the search feature of the community before posting. If your desired query in not found in the forum then post your query in appropriate board mentioning your device OS version(Options -> About).

If the card slot if damaged then I'm afraid nothing can be done. Try inserting another memory card in your device to see whether it works or not.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Dice,

This could be one of a few possible issues. First is, could be literal, the SD card may not be making a complete connection (make sure there is no dust or anything blocking). also could be an issue with the connectors themself, are they clean and shiny? Third it could be an issue with the device itself, do you have another SD card that you could test? maybe a friends?

This is assuming the mediacard has been formatted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: memory card not reading on my phone or PC.

Hi dice and welcome to the forums!

We need some information basic to solving your problem.

These are the first three pieces pof information that we need.

1) What model blackberry do you have?

2) What the device operations system (OS) are you running: click options icon, scroll to About, your

version looks like this> vX.X.X.XXX.

3) What is your carrier?

Use my data as an example

Blackberry Storm2 9550 CDMA

Device OS v.5.0.0.713

Verizon Verizon Wireless

As soon as you post pack we can get you to the right forum for your device and specific problem.

If you have a PC card reader, or you can get the device it runs in, backup all the files and

save them to PC.

In the mean time look at the three links below,.

Sound Good?

Bifocals

KB05461 MicroSD media card sizes supported by BlackBerry Device Software versions

Is it the right card for your device OS?

BBGeeks Media card Video.

Did you install it correctly? Different models require different installs.

KB10527  Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted

Once installed, does it have correct folders for the device to use it?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 Touch
My Carrier: ubing

please HELP! My memory card is not reading on my phone or pc, but when inserted on another device it does read and the mass storage is enabled but on my phone in the options memory menu, it displays "a memory card is NOT inserted."

I formate the memory card also again th eproblem remains same. i try for another memory card also. but no use.. 

Pls give the valuable details.