Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N/A

memory clean up problem!!!!

I bought a blackberry curve 8520 smartphone just yesterday and today it suddenly showed a message of automatic memory cleanup and has hung since then. all i can see is a white screen with a small clock like thing in the middle. i have left it for 4hours and yet this is all it displays. I have also taken out the battery and SIM card twice and connected it to the laptop but nothing has helped! the phone keeps going off and a red light comes on but there seems to be nothing else happening!! im in desperate need of help!!!!! please help!! I HAVE SPENT A FORTUNE ON THIS PHONE and it is absolutely BRAND NEW!!!!  Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520

Re: memory clean up problem!!!!

Hi, I have excatly the same problem that you had. Did you get your phone fixed? If so, how did you go about doing it?

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor

i FINALLY got my phone to work!!! for people who have this problem in future...follow the steps on this article and it shud work!

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320#5.0

p.s. if u dont have ur device password (like i didnt have mine!) u will lose all ur data...but if u do have password..well then good for yu! hopefully the data shudn't get deleted! 

hope this helps! Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520

Hey, thank you!

Now all I have to do is find my usb lead lol, thanks for the link though, much appreciated! Smiley Happy

Contributor

ur most welcome! Smiley Happy