Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

message between blackberry and pc emails

Hi I have a Blackberry curve and I am receiving hundred of emails "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server." It must be a setting I have set up wrong but I am unable to find what the problem is.  I did have a different curve but it had to go back as it was faulty and I only received this emails for a day or so but then it stopped.  Since I got the replacement phone which is over a week a go I am getting loads. Can anyone help or I am going to run out of usage before a fortnight is out.  Thank you for your help in advance. Christine

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: message between blackberry and pc emails

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Reason : You have installed Desktop Manager using the 'Desktop Redirector' option.

Step 1: If you're not using Redirector, you should uninstall Desktop Manager and then reinstall it using the BlackBerry Internet Service option.

Step 2: On your device, go to: Options > Advanced > Service Book, and delete all service books for [Desktop]

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor

EXCELLENT, J!! Easy fix...I had endured the same problem over the weekend...I had never installed redirect option on the desktop...my problem started when I inadvertantly reconciled my email on the device...I went thru the reinstall, as advised by Alltel...they didn't clue me in on the device options fix...Is there any advantage to upgrading the desktop software? Have an 8330 v4.3.0.124 and desktop v4.3.0.17...THANKS AGAIN!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for your help it worked now.  Just wish getting ride of junk emails was as easy.  Thanks again for all your help, didn't think it would be so easy to resolve the problem.  

Regards

Christine