Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

messenger question

My friends have an older model blackberry. When they use messenger it indicates when someone is typing a message to them. I don't have this feature on my Tour. Did they do away with it?
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: messenger question

I've noticed that the newest version of BlackBerry Messenger that has been leaked doesn't have this feature.  Can you go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and let us know what version of BlackBerry Messenger is running?  I'd check, but I don't have a Tour.

Thanks and hopefully we can get down to the bottom of this!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for your response. I have version: 4.7.0.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Ok, so it isn't running 5.0... that's the one that I know doesn't show if your friends are writing.

The only thing that I can guess right now is that the Tour is using a blend off Messenger that's between the version on the Storm and the upcoming 5.0 version.  I'm going to ask a couple of other people I know around the forums to see if they've had a chance to play with a Tour and see if they notice the same thing.  If not, I've also got another user on another forum I'm a part of who may be able to confirm if this is indeed the case for the Tour and not just your phone.

I'll keep you posted with my findings.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!