Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: vodafone

migrating from a BB Curve 9320 to Torch 9810

I am in the process of migrating from a BB Curve to a Torch. How can I transfer my apps for the one to the other?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: migrating from a BB Curve 9320 to Torch 9810

Hello,

For your AppWorld obtained apps, using the exact same BBID is required on both devices...this transfers all things associated to your BBID account from your old device to your new one, including AppWorld purchase/download records. Refer:

• Article ID: KB17625 How to install or transfer previously purchased applications from BlackBerry App World to a BlackBerry smartphone

Do keep in mind that if the developer of an app has not made a version compatible with your new device/OS level, then it will not be available for installation to your new device.

For apps obtained elsewhere, you must look to that "elsewhere" to determine how to transfer your apps to your new device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................