Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

misplaced ringtones, pictures, etc.

Yesterday a message came up on my phone saying the phone needed to defrag. Possibly foolishly, I said it could. The phone then froze for a few minutes (or perhaps was working, either way the "wait" symbol was up for a couple of minutes) then the phone began to work again. Next BBM I recieve I notice the ring is wrong. Turns out, all my ringtones are now listed, but inaccessible, some say they are protected and cannot be used, others say they cannot be located, most of my pictures as listed under media, but will not load, and when someone tried to send me an image, it told me my memory is full. I still have more than enough memory, but tried deleting some old photos anyway, and they would not delete.

Can you offer any help? Thank you.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: misplaced ringtones, pictures, etc.

Hey theslithytoves,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This may be an issue with Media card encryption, do you have Media card encryption enabled? You can check this by completing the following:

1.Click Options.
2.Click Security.
3.Click Encryption.
4.Click the check box labeled Encrypt to see the Media Card options.

Also can you recall the message the BlackBerry smartphone posted before it reset?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!