Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: globe

missing browser application

hi guys, i need some help.. i was going to try and log on to the internet using my storm 9530 and i noticed that i don't have a "browser" icon in my menu applications, so i couldn't access the internet to surf or download anything.. can anyone help me on how i could get the browser icon? i don't remember ever deleting any applications on my phone  Smiley Indifferent

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: missing browser application

More likely than not you moved it or hid it. Check all your folders making sure that you go menu>show all as need me.
Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: *Pink* Curve 8330 (v4.5.0.138(platform 3.4.0.30))

[ Edited ]

Sorry - I didn't pay attention to your phone type. It may or may not be similar to fix.

Hope yours is the easy fix like mine was.  Good luck.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks for the reply.. can you advise how i can change it to "show all" again? i think i remember already changing it to show all before but still no browser, and i really did not remember hiding any of my applications or remembered seeing the browser icon ever since i got it.. is there anyway i could download it somewhere? or can i do some configurations to make it come out again? if i even had it at all before..

ps. what does this mean: BB 9530 Verizon OS 5.0.0.419/.436 (Hybrid)?

i checked my phone and its a BB 9530 version 4.7.0.75 (platform 4.0.0.94)

Contributor

my phones a BB storm 9530 ..

I wasn't able to read you reply before you edited it.. did you have a similar problem? how were you able to fix it?

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon

Check each folder on your Storm.  Open each folder and then menu>show all (make sure it is checked)  any hidden icons will then be visible they will be "dim" but visible

I have a Storm model 9530 and the OS I am running is as indicated I did an upgrade.  Our models are the same but you have an earlier OS is all.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Contributor

thanks, well i did as you instructed and opened all my folders and chose the "show all" option.. still no browser though, man how did this happen.. is there another way to get the browser icon? could it be downloaded or bluetoothed to me?

Contributor

well i fiddled around my phone and i can only access the browser when i go to the switch application option, but in my applications page the browser icon is not there even when i put the show all option.. i'm not sure how i could get it back..

can i add a new folder then set it as my browser icon? is that possible?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

On the home page, summon the Application ribbon (click & hold the menu key for 2 seconds).

There will be 5 icons :

• Home screen
  • Phone application
  • Messages application
  • BlackBerry Messenger
  • BlackBerry Browser

do you confirm ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Visitor
My Device: blackberry storm 9530
My Carrier: rogers pay as you go

can anybody tell me how i can get my web browser back for the BB storm 9530 (unlocked) i have tried everything that has bin in this whole convo but nothin,,,,,,i've even contacted my service provider and got some sort of help ,,,because it is not an original phone from the provider they cant really do anything ive searched all over the internet GOOGLE...YOUTUBE...now here and hopefully i can get some sort of imput,,,,like the others i amm missing the BROSWER ICON allthough i do not have a data plan you would think that it should stay on the phone,,,as i do have the option of going online but cant because of the missing icon ,,

fromm my provider they asked me to go into ,,,options,,,,,,advanced options,,,TCP/IP......and insure that APN settings are checked along with APN Authentication enabled is checked with the service providers user name and password but nothing CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!