Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9380
My Carrier: vodacom

missing restore points BlackBerry protect

I've got an issue with restoring data from older backups. Recently I got a new 9360 , emmediately I setup bbp to do its thing . After I completed my phones entire setup I wanted to restore backups made from my previous 9380 ( which was water damaged and unrepairable) and I have found that the only restore point that is showing is the one that was made after I completed my phone setup. No other restore points are being shown and there's a lot of data that I desparetely require. Please can anyone advice me on how to retreive older restore points

Thankyou
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: missing restore points BlackBerry protect

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Depending on exactly what you did, there may or may not be hope.

If you used, on this new device, a different BBID, then you need to WIPE this new device and use the same BBID that you used on the old device...but, pay heed to the link provided below.

If you used, on this new device, the same BBID, and you did not do so specifically as documented in this KB, then those old backups are gone, and there is no retrieval possible:

• KB31489 BlackBerry Protect for BlackBerry smartphones does not display any backup files to restore

This situation underscores the importance of using BBProtect as part of, but not exclusively as, a good backup process (as documented via the Backup link in my auto-sig below).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................