Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: unsure

mobile network wont work!

I have had my blackberry for two years now but just come out of my contract for a sim deal. Since having my number swapped to the new sim I am unable to connect to mobile network internet side of things unless I am connected to WiFi.

I have tried a diagnostic test but unable to interpret them to know what's wrong, please could someone help me with this as its now infuriating that I can't asccess anything.

Diagnostic result:

Data activation: yes

Signal level -90dBm

Radio access: GPRS

ICMP ping echo: No

Blackberry registration: yes

Connected to blackberry: no (is this the problem? How do I fix it if so)

Blackberry pin-pin: abort

Thanks for any help and advise.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: mobile network wont work!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Since you had a contract, your BB has Service Books which were (note the past tense) enabling the services you used to have. Now that you have no contract, those SB's may still be in place, and that may be the cause of your issues (the SBs are attempting to make the services function, but since you don't have the proper data plan, they can't).

But, before we proceed trying to remedy anything, please carefully consider your next moves. A BB without a proper data plan is indeed quite hobbled...many things that you may desire to use just won't work. Email won't work, BBM won't work, the browser may or may not work, etc. etc. etc. So you might first want to consider exactly the services you desire to use on your BB, and then talk to your mobile service provider about enabling a data plan that is adequate to those services.

If you have already done that and the plan this SIM has includes all that you desire, then your next steps would be to conduct a full backup (see the link in my auto-sig for instructions) and then a full on-device WIPE, and then see if the services you have subscribed to are functioning. If they are, then you can proceed with a partial restore from that backup (being sure to avoid restoring any databases you are unsure of, especially any that have anything to do with Service Books).

But, again, please first carefully consider the services you have subscribed to...you really should discuss with the SIM provider exactly the services (e.g., email, BBM, etc.) that you can expect to function under the plan that you are presently subscribed to. I suspect that you have subscribed to a plan that is now inadequate to what you really desire to have.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................