Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

move/copy contacts phone to sim

is there any quick way to copy or move the contacts from my blackberry curve 8520 to my sim card phone book?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: move/copy contacts phone to sim

Hello,

No...it's one at a time. It is that way, I think, because the SIM phone book is much less robust than the BB Contact List. For instance, on the SIM, if one name has 3 numbers, you will have 3 entries on the SIM. In the BB Contact list, it's one entry with 3 numbers.

Is there a reason you want to do this? If it is to copy the contact list somewhere else, there are much better ways to accomplish it.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

oh, okay.. i'm wanting to do this so i can place my sim card in a new phone and keep my contacts without having to request everyone for their numbers.. moving contacts one by one just seems to freeze my phone so i'm not sure what i should do..
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

If you are moving to a new BB, then see this:

• KB05421 What is the Switch Device Wizard

If you are moving to a non-BB, then see this:

• KB24488 How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

You, of course, must figure out how to import the resulting CSV file into your new device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................