Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: china unicom

moving memo notes from Blackberry Torch to Samsung N7100 (Chinese)

Sadly leaving the BB family as my Torch is on its last legs and no authentic BB10's in China for me to buy.  Moved to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100), and now simply want to transfer memo pad data, and ideally contacts.

I can't find them through desktop manager, looks like google sync no longer supports this and for some reason I the Torch won't let me configure email to email the memo's.  Though this would be a pain as I have 40+.

Any ideas on how to transfer through Desktop Mgr, Kies, USB conection, save memos to SD card... anything!!!

Thank you. AB

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: moving memo notes from Blackberry Torch to Samsung N7100 (Chinese)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

For contacts, refer:

• KB24488 How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

Note that you must use a prior version of the Desktop Software, which you can obtain here:

For Memo's, you will need to backup your BB to your PC, and then obtain a 3rd party PC app to extract them to a "human readable" and usable format (the backup file is proprietary in format). You can find full backup instructions via the link in my auto-sig on this post.

Note that these will get your desired data into a human readable format on your PC...you then have to look at tools available for your new device regarding how to take the next step of getting those onto your new device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: china unicom

Re: moving memo notes from Blackberry Torch to Samsung N7100 (Chinese)

If your in Shanghai I can recommend a place with legit BB10 devices. They have the Z10 and recently told me they should have the Q10 in the coming weeks.