Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve8520
My Carrier: meteor

moving to spain

hi i am moving to spain in november with which provider can i get bbm on my phone

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: moving to spain

Hi and Welcome to the Community...apologies for the delayed reply...hopefully you already have your answer, but just in case!

I have always used this list as my authoritative source for properly authorized carriers for BB services:

But beware...if you intend to use your existing 8520, then you would be wisest to choose a carrier that natively supports that model (you can find that by digging deeper into that link above). Each carrier BIS system typically only delivers BB services (via Service Books) to the specific model number BBs that their system natively supports...getting a non-native BB model to work on a carrier network can be quite challenging indeed. Further, you must be sure that you have properly unlocked your BB from it's originally manufactured-for carrier in order to use it on another carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone turkey, Vodafone spain

I have vodafone, it is fine.

Just buy the BIS package, no need for data.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi there and I'm sure the OP appreciates that...but, in the interest of clarity:

MARTA_CUME wrote:

Just buy the BIS package, no need for data. 

FYI -- BIS is data...refer:

The bottom level (the "BlackBerry Data Plan") is BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service), and those services cannot be enabled without it. But, with hundreds of carriers in the world, each with dozens of different data plans, only they (the carriers) can actually say what services should be expected under their various plans.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................