Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: msn messenger?

Hi,

Just as an example.

I have a voice and data plan. X minutes per month for the phone (Voice), and email and internet is unlimited (data)

I have no need for text messaging so I do not have a text plan.

You need to ask them if you have a text plan. You have to decide the rest, OK?

Thanks,

If you have more questions, please ask!  Otherwise please resolve the post by putting the green check in the

post that answered your question the best. Click on the kudo star, to thank the people that tried to help.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

are you talking 2 me or 2 the other 1?? Smiley Frustrated

what is an unlimited data plan??

**sooo confusedddd**

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Bifocals - you consistantly post mis-information.  Perhaps you should read more and post less.

albinomegan - I looked at Verizon's rates.  They only have an Unlimited BlackBerry Data Plan.  If you're receiving and sending email and able to browse the Internet on your BlackBerry, you're set.  None of the IM Clients I mentioned above should cost extra on an unlimited BlackBerry Data Plan.

I only say SHOULD for two reasons.  First, I am not on Verizon, so I don't know for sure - I'm just pretty sure.  Second, you shouldn't take anyone's word - unless you're willing to pay the price!  You have no one to blame except yourself if you take the word of anyone that doesn't represent the company that's going to be charging you!

That said, the only IM Client for the BlackBerry that I'm aware of that does NOT use the standard BlackBerry Data connection is OZ Messenger - which uses SMS to RELAY IM Messages - so I wouldn't even consider it a real IM client anyway!  I only mention it to make you aware that you're not dumb for not knowing this stuff, and it's always best to have a good idea what you're getting into as this stuff can get expensive very quickly.

Jerry
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Jerry,

Please check your PM's, and have enough class to keep personal issues out of a thread.

Thanks

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

thank you jerryd!! you've helped me a great deal!!! =]