Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torcj 9810
My Carrier: telstra

multiple uncaught exception java messages

Have had multiple uncaught exception java messages since downloading from blacberry app world. Now I'm unable to access any features on my phone at all..even when entering password the screen just freezes. Can not do any thing but answer phone calls. Tried to do things that people on forum have suggested but can not get anywhere as the device just freezes up. Maybe time to throw this device away..only 15 months old and a shame but if the the thing won't let me do anthing there is no point in keep trying.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE!!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: multiple uncaught exception java messages

Hi anagramaniac

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you already tried reload without success, then you may need to use some third party software like BBSAK to compltely wipe your device and then load a fresh OS pack on your device.In addition please remember after installing the OS don't restore anything from the backup files,do a selective restore i;e , restore only your Contacts and calander entries. Try this again :

1. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then if it allow  perform your backup of your device.

2.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) Skip step- 3 if using your Carrier OS pack .

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Update will continue just follow the onscreen instructions,when it completes see if problem resolves.

"" By prince2012 ""

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply to my help request. Unfortunately none of your download recommendations will download with various error messages  coming up. When I access carriers and click on the3 Australian carrier no OS downloads are available, just the desktop software update that won't install because of errors. No Vendor.xml file can be located on my laptop. The BBSAK download has a fatal error message and won't work either.

Thanks anyhow,

Neil

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

anagramaniac wrote:

Have had multiple uncaught exception java messages since downloading from blacberry app world. Now I'm unable to access any features on my phone at all..even when entering password the screen just freezes. Can not do any thing but answer phone calls. Tried to do things that people on forum have suggested but can not get anywhere as the device just freezes up. Maybe time to throw this device away..only 15 months old and a shame but if the the thing won't let me do anthing there is no point in keep trying.

Hi anagramaniac

Most Often those errors are are related to any application that we Install on your device, If you're having so much issue with your BlackBerry then I suggest first do a backup of your device using Desktop software .

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

Once you have your backup follow this Knowledge Base article and perform a Clean OS Reload of your device OS :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

After a Reload , before restoring anything first check if your BlackBerry back to normal . If issue resolves then don't restore everything from your backup files , use selective restore . Restore only your contacts , Calenders , etc . You can Install your apps from BlackBerry world but Install one application at a time , it will let you know if any application is the cause of this problem. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hello, I've tried your suggestion on how to perform a clean update for the device software i.e. click device then update, wait for dialogue box to say that no updates are available then click in the bottom left hand corner onto other versions. Sorry but there is no where to click onto in the bottom left hand corner of either the dialogue box or the the desktop software page.

cheers

Neil

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

anagramaniac wrote:

Hello, I've tried your suggestion on how to perform a clean update for the device software i.e. click device then update, wait for dialogue box to say that no updates are available then click in the bottom left hand corner onto other versions. Sorry but there is no where to click onto in the bottom left hand corner of either the dialogue box or the the desktop software page.

cheers

Hi there,

First and most important before connecting your device and before running Desktop Software be sure that your PC is connected to an active Internet .

On desktop software when you click on Update if any updates are available for your device model from your Carrier Telstra then you get it prompt , If no Updates are available then in left corner you'll able to see an option " View Other Version " once you select that option you 'll see the available OS version , choose any OS version from that list to install it in your device .

If still unable then refer to this Knowledge Base and try this method :

KB29847 : BlackBerry Desktop Software is not required to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Download the OS pack from your Carrier Telstra and follow those steps mentioned within the above KB.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.