Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9630
My Carrier: giffgaff

my 9230 keeps turning of after receiving a message on facebook HELP

After receiving an email on facebook which was a link to something i opened the message and ever since i have been having problems with my phone. it keeps turning of and when i take the battery out to reboot it still turns of when the reeboot is done, it does this numerous times a day, i have security wiped my phone and the problem still consists. please help

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: my 9230 keeps turning of after receiving a message on facebook HELP

[ Edited ]

So, the device shuts off and stays off, not a reboot, it stays off?   Does it do this at regular times or is it random?   When you pull the battery and put it back, and the device boots up, how long does the device operate before it shuts off again?

If it isn't an app or the device auto-off setting causing the shut down, I would look at power issues.   Make sure the battery is tight in the compartment.   Make sure the battery is making good contact with the contact pins on the device.   If you can borrow a battery, try it and see if it makes a difference.  

I think the connection with clicking that link is coincidence.  

If you dropped the device or got it wet, however, all bets are off. 

- Ira
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9630
My Carrier: giffgaff

Re: my 9230 keeps turning of after receiving a message on facebook HELP

Yes when it turns of it stays of and doesn't reboot untill I take battery out and put it back in again. It turns of at random times about every ten minutes if not sooner.
I have put my partner's battery in my phone and the problem still consists, I have security wiped my phone and deleted all applications that have been downloaded but nothing seems to work.